By Evan Vitale
Oh, it’s time for those dreaded holiday office parties (well, sometimes, they can be fun). However, if you don’t want to be the subject of many jokes and events remembered in the “tales of holiday parties of the past,” then follow these simple rules when it comes to holiday parties.
- Attend the office party. Even if you don’t like your job or your boss, it creates a lot of goodwill when you attend.
- Wear appropriate attire. Dress appropriately, professionally and follow the suggested dress code.
- Be polite.
Remember, even though it’s an office party, you are still a representative of the company. Don’t embarrass yourself, your boss or the firm.
- Wear any revealing clothes, introduce a wild hair style or wear too much make-up.
- Drink too much. Too much alcohol at the office party can typically lead to trouble. Years ago, a client recalls an event in which a staff member started doing a strip-tease after too much liquid cheer. It is still talked about today.
- Sit in the corner. Socialize. Have fun. Meet new people!
Basically, during the office holiday party you should be on your best behavior, maintain your dignity and have a good time!